What can I expect?
If you decide to participate in a study, study doctors will:
- Answer any questions about the study that you might have
- Check your health regularly before and during the study
- Provide specific instructions you need to follow
- Keep track of your health after the study.
What is informed consent?
Informed consent is a document that explains details of the study, such as:
- The purpose of the study
- The length of the study
- Procedures included in the study
- Possible risks and advantages
- What the doctors expect you to do during the participation
The informed consent will be given to you by the study doctor before you decide to participate. When you’ve read it through and understood the key aspects of the study, you can make an informed decision about participating in the study.